WIDE SHIP PLATING WITH SMALL INITIAL DEFLECTION UNDER EDGE COMPRESSION AND LATERAL LOAD
The report deals with the elastic response of slightly deformed plating to the combined action of lateral and planar compressive loads. A family of general equations are derived from Marguerre's fundamental equations, and a set of numerical solutions are obtained for the simply supported plate. Influence of the shape of initial deflection is examined. Substitution of the initial deflection by a virtual lateral load is discussed.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Engineering Research
Bekeley, CA USA 94720
- Publication Date: 1965-8
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Deflection; Deformation; Elasticity (Mechanics); Plate bearing test; Plates (Engineering)
- Old TRIS Terms: Deformation stress; Plate deflections
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00026894
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NA-65-2
- Contract Numbers: MA-2620
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 2 1973 12:00AM