PRELIMINARY CONTROL OF AFRICAN RUE (PEGANUM HARMALA L.) WITH VARIOUS HERBICIDES
Twenty-six herbicides used alone or in combinations were applied to African rue. The rate of application of each herbicide was determined by the recommended label rate. An exception was the rate of diuron applied, which surpasses the recommended label rate. Eight herbicides resulted in control of a least 50 percent of 7 1/2 months or longer. Tebuthiuron, Vel 5026 and diuron applied in July resulted in the highest significant control 10 1/2 months after treatment. Glyphosate, tebuthiuron, bromacil, diuron, and Vel 5026 resulted in the highest significant control of African rue with an October application 7 1/2 months following treatment.
- Research completed in cooperation with FHWA and Texas State Dept. of Highways and Public Transportation.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
- Allen, T J
- McCully, W G
- DEAN, G
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Herbicides; Roadside improvement; Vegetation
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00131376
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-18-74-182-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 2-18-74-182
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM