HIGHWAY FOCUS; VOLUME 7, NUMBER 2, DECEMBER 1975
This bulletin presents material composed from narrative reports covering highway engineering and construction operations, with emphasis on safety. Massachusetts' safety program and its underlying philosophy is described in one article, and safety measures taken at the Perrine Bridge Project in Idaho is described in another. Methods and equipment used to satisfy requirements in Austin, Texas are illustrated, and the safety aspects involved in deck construction is discussed. Safety during bridge widening in California is described, and safety features associated with bridge falsework is detailed. Traffic and safety precautions during the replacement of an I-beam together with a portion of the deck and the handrail on the Florida Turnpike Bridge is described. Other articles cover the following areas: "U" type framework for erection and removal of bridge falsework, safety handrails for steel girder construction, bridge construction safety in Arkansas, 'A' frames used in Alabama, bridge construction safety in Oregon, and the challenge posed by bridge construction safety.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Bridge railings; Bridges; Construction safety; Falsework; Frames; Girders; Highway engineering; I beams; Metal bridges; Pavement widening; Road construction; Steel bridges; Structural members
- Uncontrolled Terms: Widening
- Old TRIS Terms: A frames
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00131373
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM