RECOMMENDED STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS FOR SANITARY SEWER AND STORM SEWER INSTALLATION
Specifications are set forth which are the cummulative result of the input of specifications from many sources which included municipalities, consultant organizations, the American Public Works Association, and many working specifications throught the country. Specifications regarding materials include those related to sewer pipe materials, metal sewer castings, precast concrete manhole and catch basin sections, concrete, mortar, and granular materials. Construction requirement recommendations cover general provisions (establishing line and grade, protection of surface structures, interference of underground structures, the removal of surface improvements, and temporary surface measures), the excavation and preparation of trench, the installation of pipe and fittings, appurtenance and sewer service installations, manhole and catch basin structures, and reconnecting existing facilities. Sanitary sewer leakage testing, pipe and backfilling operations, the restoration of surface improvements, maintenance and final cleanup are covered. Recommendations are also made with regard to the method of measurement (sewer pipe, manholes, catch basins etc.) and the basis of payment.
- This report was prepared in cooperation with the Minnesota Local Road Research Board.
Minnesota Department of Highways408 Highway Building
St Paul, MN USA 55155
- Benson, C L
- Raisanen, D L
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Backfilling; Building; Casting; Catch basins; Cleaning; Construction; Excavation; Facilities; Installation; Leakage; Maintenance; Manholes; Materials; Measurement; Payment; Recommendations; Sanitary sewers; Sewers; Specifications; Standards; Storm sewers; Testing
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00096524
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MN HW 5-180 74-9 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM