SOCIAL ASPECTS OF REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT-AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
This document is a list of annotated references compiled by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat as part of the United Nations Research and Training Programme in Regional Development. Its emphasis is on the social aspects of regional development. The complex process of development entails not only economic growth, but significant social changes as well. Taking this into consideration, future planning for development will integrate social factors into its analysis. The purpose of this bibliography is to provide the information needed by planners in their unified approach to development. The document has divided the references into four sections; 1) an introduction to the comprehensive approach to development and planning; 2) introductory readings for a regional approach; 3) socio-demographic, socio-economic, and socio-political aspects of regional development; and 4) methodological considerations in comprehensive planning for regional development.
United NationsSecretariat, United Nations Plaza
New York, NY USA 10017
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; City planning; Economic development; Regional planning; Research; Social factors; Social sciences; Socioeconomic factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Social research
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00096520
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No 74-27220
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM