NS SAVANNAH REACTOR PHYSICS AND CONTROL MANUAL
Lectures on nuclear physics that were given to N.S. Savannah reactor operator trainees as a refresher course are summarized in a physics and control manual. The lectures are specifically oriented to the members of each trainee group preparing for senior operator license examinations. The information, presented in a manner that requires only a basic knowledge of mathematics and physics, deals with: nuclear physics, fission process and chain reactions, reactor principles, reactor operation, N.S. Savannah reactor, and reactor control. Definitions are given in an appendix, and extensive tables and figures are included.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-73.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX United States
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA United States
- Hurst, R V
- Publication Date: 1965-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 153 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026887
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-3760
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM