NS SAVANNAH OPERATIONS REPORT FEBRUARY 1, 1965--AUGUST 20, 1965
A quarterly operations report reviews operations and upgrading and tests on the nuclear propulsion plant of the N.S. Savannah for February 1 thorugh August 20, 1965, during which time the American Export Isbrandtsen Lines was the operating agent. The report includes data on chronology, power plant operation and maintenance, training, and health physics. Emphasis is on the Galveston outage, dealing with chronology, organization, annual inspection, maintenance and repairs, modifications, and testing and sea trial. STS engineering and facilities activities are also described. Appendices provide port visitation reports, scram and incident reports, a list of inspections, maintenance and modifications descriptions, and summaries of test data and results.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-70.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX United States
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1965
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 177 p.
- TRT Terms: Health physics; Maintenance; Nuclear powered ships; Ship operations; Training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026886
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: STS-70 Oper Rpt
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM