A total of eighteen papers are presented in three broad categories. In the area of Housing Estate Layout, six papers are presented which cover the aspects of site layout, modelling of complex housing forms, aspects of the road network and density in the housing layout, design guide for residential areas, and housing form and land use. The following papers are included under the category of Housing Improvements: "New Directions in Improvement Policy," "Cellular Renewal--A process for Restructuring Old Neighborhoods"; "A Housing Evaluation System for the London Borough of Brent"; A Survey of the Administrative Procedures used by Local Authorities to Implement Their Housing Improvement Policies"; "Public Participation or Community Plan", and "Department of the Environment - Four Years GIA's." The paper presented in area of activity and action in the present housing stock, cover aspects of the eligibility constraints on the movement on households between tenures, housing chains and filtering; participation as research (a case study), housing association experience with reference to housing action areas; the Westminister housing survey; and direct action by housing associations.
- Proceedings of the seminar on Housing, July 9-11, 1974, held at the University of Warwick, England.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 280 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Density; Development; Dwellings; Evaluation; Guidelines; Improvements; Land use; Land use planning; Layout; Local government agencies; Location; Mathematical models; Public participation; Research; Residential areas; Roads; Surveys; Tenants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Building sites; Local agencies; Models; Residential development
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Research; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00096490
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTRC/P/95 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM