RETAILING AND LOCAL PLANNING
Thirteen papers presented at a seminar are published here. The paper. "The Relationship Between the Developer and Local Authority" examines the present nature of the conflict and speculates on the future relationship between the two. The developer's view point is given in the paper titled, "The Relationship Between Local Authorities and Developers". The remarks presented here relate to the central area redevelopment schemes. "An Appraisal of Shopping Models" outlines the empirical interaction modelling techniques and evaluates by their ability to satisfy five criteria. Another paper explores the nature of the problems inherent in the calibration and performance of some shopping (spatial interaction) models, and suggests the need for major changes in model design. The problems of retail development which concern planners are discussed by a commercial man in a paper intended for local authorities. The initial plan and detailed planning requirements are examined of turning a site into a supermarket. Sales-Sizes patterns of variations in shops in different trades are examined, and methodological problems in the study of shopping travel are reviewed. Other papers included here are: "Planning Control and Public Inquiries with Particular Reference to Retail Development"; "The Nottingham Victoria Centre: A Policy Review"; "Victoria Centre-Successful Centre Design"; "The Business and Planning Impacts of Major Suburban Retail Developments: A Case Study of the Sainsbury Store at Breton, Peterbourough."
- Proceedings of the seminar on Retailing and Local Planning, July 11-12, 1974 at the University of Warwick, England.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 186 p.
- TRT Terms: Calibration; Central business districts; Development; Land use planning; Local government agencies; Mathematical models; Performance; Real estate development; Retail trade; Shopping facilities; Suburbs; Urban renewal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Local agencies; Models
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00096489
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTRC/P/94 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM