HIGH PERFORMANCE ELECTRIC COMMERCIAL VEHICLES FOR CITY USE
Lucas Industries Limited commissioned work on electric vehicles some seven years ago in order to provide test beds for batteries which were under development. During the past three years the battery development work has been concentrated on lightweight lead acid batteries and work on the vehicles themselves has been stepped up. A comprehensive electric vehicle development program is now being undertaken. During the last 18 months this has led to the production of fifteen 1 ton payload vans, a personnel carrier, a 34-passenger city bus and two city taxis. All these vehicles will be used by operators in service for extended periods in order that they can be evaluated from operational, engineering and financial points of view. /HSRI/
- Automotive Engineering Congress and Exposition, 23-27 Feb. 1976, Detroit, Mich.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Harding, G G
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Acids; Buses; Commercial vehicles; Delivery vehicles; Economic conditions; Economic impacts; Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Engines; Evaluation; Lead (Metal); Light trucks; Lightweight materials; Operations; Taxicabs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131338
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760073
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1981 12:00AM