A PURPOSE-BUILT ELECTRIC TAXI
Lucas Industries awarded a contract to David Ogle Limited as part of their electric vehicle development programme to develop and build a purpose-built electric vehicle. This paper describes the design and development as well as the deciding factors which made the choice of vehicle a taxi rather than any other vehicle configuration.
- Automotive Engineering Congress and Exposition, 23-27 Feb. 1976, Detroit, Michigan.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Warner, P
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric automobiles; Electric vehicles; Energy; Taxicabs; Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131337
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760124
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1981 12:00AM