MANUAL ON CONCRETE CUBE CRUSHING
The manual which provides detailed instructions for the cube-crushing operator, and guidance for the supervisor regarding the calculation of results and the types of normal and unusal failure that can occur, also provides a wall chart for ready reference in the testing laboratory. Details are given of the preparation of the machine and cube for test, weighting, and placing the cube in the machine. The crushing operation is described, as well as the examination of the cube after test. Comments are made on routine maintenance. The following guides are considered indispensable: "BS 1881: Part 4: 1970 Methods of Testing Concrete for Strength"; "Manufacturers Manual for Testing Machine"; and "Cube Test Record Sheet."
Cement and Concrete Association52 Grosvenor Gardens
London SW1W 0AQ, England
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Charts; Concrete; Crushing; Cubes; Failure; Laboratory tests; Maintenance; Manuals; Operators (Persons); Strength of materials; Supervision; Testing equipment; Training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation; Operator
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00096479
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 52.027
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM