THE ENVIRONMENT: COSTS, CONFLICTS, ACTION
This book contains papers presented at a conference sponsored by Region 3 of the Environmental Protection Agency. The papers were purposely selected to represent the different viewpoints of the authors on how to solve environmental problems. The book is organized to provide answers to the following four questions: What is man's role in the Environment? What do we need to survive? How do we get what we need? What is being done? The contents are as follows: "How the Environment Survives with the Species Man in it," by Frank F. Ehrenthal; "Human Habitat and Environmental Education: Analogies and Approaches," by Daniel H. Carson; "Perspectives on U.S. Engery Consumption," by David B. Large; "Projection of the Demand for Energy: An Outline of Methodology," by Kenneth E. F. Watt; "Controlling the Environmental Impact of the Automobile," by William Vickrey; "The Science Advisory Process," by Richard A. Carpenter; "Bringing the Man-Made World into Being," by W. J. Fabrycky; "Motivating Business Behavior for Environmental Improvement," by Walter A. Hamilton; "Removing the Cost and Other Bogeys in Controlling the Water Environment," by Vinton Bacon; "Water Pollution Control in the Ohio Basin," by William L. Klein; "Popular Values and Environment," Julian Hirst; "Pollution Control - An Industrial View," by Jerome Wilkenfeld; "What is Happening Now in the Environmental Area in the Corps of Engineers," by Richard H. Macomber; "Objective Coverage Versus Promotional and Other Roles," by Gladwin Hill; and "Directions for Environmental News Coverage," by David M. Rubin.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, BlacksburgDepartment of Agronomy
Blacksburg, VA United States 24061
- Cairns Jr, J
- Dickson, K L
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Communication; Conferences; Costs; Demand; Ecology; Energy; Environment; Environmental impacts; Forecasting; Industries; Information dissemination; Local government; Management; Problem solving; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Communicating
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Energy; Environment; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Society;
- Accession Number: 00096472
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM