STRUCTURAL AND GEOMETRIC CHARACTERISTICS OF HIGHWAY - RAILROAD GRADE CROSSINGS
This report is the first in a series dealing with structural and geometric characteristics of highway-railroad grade crossings. The report details a study of crossing distribution and geometric characteristics, crossing appraisals, drainage, dynamic loadings, stabilization fabrics, and structural details for improved life and rideability.
- Sponsored by the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation, Transportation Planning Division. See also RRIS 08 139714, 145075 and 157501, Bulletin 7702.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Newton, T M
- Lytton, R L
- Olson, R M
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Drainage; Elastomers; Fabrics; Foundations; Highways; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad tracks; Simulation; Soil stabilization; Subgrade (Pavements); Surveys; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Subgrade stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Track response investigations; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131327
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Texas Transportation Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-18-74-164-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 2-18-74-164
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1977 12:00AM