APPLICATION OF NUCLEAR POWER TO A TUG AND BARGE SYSTEM
Comparison is made of unsubsidized U.S. nuclear and conventional tug and barge systems to determine the feasibility of using nuclear powered tugs towing barges in ocean service. It concludes that nuclear powered tug and barge systems are economically inferior to corresponding diesel powered systems. Appendices include cost calculations, economic relations and charts and figures illustrating the comparison.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number N-6022-7.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY USA 10007
- Publication Date: 1965-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Tug ship interaction
- Old TRIS Terms: Tug barge systems
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026879
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: N-6022-7
- Contract Numbers: MA-3064
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM