EVALUATION OF PROCESSES FOR SILT AND CLAY HANDLING
Some processes are discussed for the handling of dredged materials, as will as how these processes might be applied in the handling of silts and clays remaining after sand and gravel processing. Emphasis has been placed on the technical aspects and design rationale for applying these processes as part of overall solids and liquid management systems. The paper which is particularly useful to designers of settling basins, provides detailed discussion of the various aspects of dredge removal of silt, the use of coagulants, and of alternative processes and equipment and the limitations and possible applications.
- This report was presented at the National Sand and Gravel Association Operator's Seminar, Denver, Colorado, September 24, 1974.
National Sand and Gravel Association900 Spring Street
Silver Spring, MD United States 20910
- Mallory, C W
- Publication Date: 1975-4-14
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- Issue Number: 316
- TRT Terms: Clay; Coagulation; Design; Drainage basins; Dredging; Evaluation; Gravel; Materials management; Sand; Silts
- Uncontrolled Terms: Settling basins
- Old TRIS Terms: Coagulants; Processing
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00096388
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM