OHIO SHORT COURSE ON ROADSIDE DEVELOPMENT
The papers are published here that were presented at the Short Course which was designed to focus attention on current problems, stimulate communication, and foster good public relations in the field of roadside development. The papers included here are: Opening Remarks: Continuity, by F.J. Cope; Greetings, by J.D. Carpenter; Continuity Research, by W.L. Hottenstein; Selected Experiments in Roadside Vegetation Established Under Michigan Conditions, by Dr. J.B. Beard; Landscape Development of Kings Island, by R. Ammon; Tourism Research, by C.T. Hoverstein; The Role of Trees, Shrubs and Landforms in Roadside Development Noise Control, by D.I. Cook; Landscape Management in National Forests, by R.E. Leopold; The Tarnished Lady, by Dr. J. Schreiber, M.D.; Presiding: Continuity in Technique, by H. Bope; Remarks, by J.P. Richley, Let's Update Our Roadside Specifications, by N.A. Gray; Highway Planting Construction and Establishment, by B.C. Green, Jr.; The Place of Organic' Compost in Roadside Development, by F. Tamblingson; Research on New Grasses, by E.W. Mayer; Uses of Herbicides on Highway Rights-of-way; by C.E. Walls; The Status and Future of Herbicides for Vegetation Control on Highway Rights-of-Way, by C.L. Beckwith; The Economics of Solid Waste Incineration, by R.C. Moffet; Soil and Geologic Information Available for Roadside Development, by T.M. Evans; Use of Soil Surveys in Roadside Development, by D.E. McCormack; Handling Sediment and Embankment Stabilization, by J.H. Harrington, Jr.; Roadside Erosion Research, by M.J. Mausbach; Wood Products for Erosion Control, by R.H. Troske; Closing Remarks, by G.B. Tobey, Jr.; and Presiding; Your States Activities Meeting, by D.J. Wells.
Columbus, OH USA 43215
Ohio State University, ColumbusSchool of Architecture
Columbus, OH USA 43210
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 194 p.
- TRT Terms: Erosion control; Experiments; Fertilizers; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Grasses; Herbicides; Landscape design; Organic soils; Planting; Research; Roadside improvement; Shrubs; Soils; Solid wastes; Specifications; Tourism; Trees; Vegetation; Wood products
- Uncontrolled Terms: Landforms
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00096383
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM