This volume which is issued as a supplement to the final summary report of the Commission, contains papers on outdoor advertising, control of abandoned vehicles, junkyards and litter, and scenic enhancement. The paper on outdoor advertising examines public attitudes towards signs, reviews the Regulation of outdoor advertising, and discusses various aspects such as directional information, electronic devices, tourist information centers, sign and map plazas, guide books etc., controls beyond 660 feet, urban systems, on-premise signs and the bonus act. Junked motor vehicles, the Highway Act (1965), other federal programs, highway litter, and laws to control abandoned vehicles are covered in the second paper. The paper on scenic enhancement discusses the priority of quality in planning and designing, implementation tools, design of urban and rural corridors, the Federal Highway Program, scenic highways, parkways, and highway sculpture.
Commission on Highway Beautification1121 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20005
- Byrnes, L A
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 227 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Advertising; Beautification; Corridors; Direction signs; Highway planning; Highways; Information management; Information organization; Junkyards; Laws; Litter; Parkways; Public opinion; Regulations; Roadside advertising; Scenic highways; Signs; Tourists
- Old TRIS Terms: Abandoned cars; Directional sign; Highway beautification
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Environment; Highways; Law; Society;
- Accession Number: 00096382
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM