THE HISTORICAL SIMULATION OF TRADE ROUTE 27
Discusses the results of a run using historical input data applying a previously documented computer program, the MARAD Fleet Operations simulation, to the study of Trade Route 27. Historical data were derived from the 1961-1962 period of operation of C-3 ships on TR27. Qualitative outlines of the historical period were reproduced by the simulation, and most of the quantitative results were also in good agreement with the data. Output records of the run were used to test the effect of small changes in ship size.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number AL-C-65394-1.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
- Publication Date: 1965-1
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Freight and passenger traffic; Simulation; Statistics; Trade routes
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026874
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-3236
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM