NS SAVANNAH OPERATION WITH FAILED FUEL ELEMENTS
This report provides a basis for developing explicit instructions for the operators for action following an observation of fuel element failure and background information for the nuclear advisor and shoreside engineering groups as they analyze the effects of the fuel failures. Appended to the main report, and comprising most of the document, is an analysis of fission product behavior, along with detailed discussions of precautions to be taken in reactor plant operation and in the steam plant when a leak from primary to secondary exists.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-69.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Publication Date: 1966-2-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Fuel elements; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor accidents; Nuclear reactor fuel elements; Nuclear reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026868
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-2206, MA-3760
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM