THE 1974 NATIONAL HIGHWAY NEEDS REPORT
The results are presented of a field study conducted by the States in cooperation with local field officials. The study analyzed 1990 anticipated highway needs by types of highways within various governmental jurisdictions, measured 1970-1972 highway obligations for arterial and collector highways in rural and urban areas, and reported data by Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area. The study methodology is detailed. A summary of the 1970-1990 needs gives consideration to improvement categories, temporal distribution, and capacity needs. Tables and graphical figures are presented which illustrate travel, fuel consumption and rates forecasts, the impact of small cars, financial transactions, motor vehicle registrations and annual vehicle miles travelled.
- Presented to the House Committee on Public Works and Transportation, 94th Congress, 1st Session, 10 February 1975.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 163 p.
- Issue Number: 9445
- TRT Terms: Arterial highways; Compact automobiles; Field studies; Forecasting; Fuel consumption; Highway capacity; Highways; Improvements; Needs assessment; Rates; Rural highways; Streets; Tables (Data); Travel; Urban highways; Vehicle miles of travel; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Collector distributor roads; Small car
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00096317
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM