CRITICAL RELAY STUDY FOR NS SAVANNAH APPLICATIONS
This study resulted from isolated incidents involving electrical relays that have occurred throughout the period of the N.S. Savannah operation. The various incidents were caused by equipment that failed to operate properly or came into operation without fulfillment of all normal conditions for operation. This report covers: (1) general considerations requiring attention in selecting relays; (2) a list of relays in the Savannah's instrumentation and a summary of the types used; and (3) analysis of specific problems in which relays are the suspected source of trouble, and presentation of recommendations for correcting such problems.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1301.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Thornhill, J E
- Publication Date: 1965-6
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Electrical systems; Instrumentation; Mechanical failure; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrical equipment failures; Nuclear reactor instrumentation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026861
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1301, Ca-7
- Contract Numbers: MA-3760
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1973 12:00AM