URBAN AND REGIONAL MODELS
Sixteen papers are presented here on various aspects of urban and regional models. The case of Santiago and Caracas is detailed in a paper on the application of urban models in South America. The design of Urban growth model for strategic land use transportation studies is described, and models and theories in planning are discussed. Details are given of dynamic models for spatial interactions, as well as a dynamic simulation model for regional economic planning. Disaggregated residential location models, housing market models and duality are discussed, as well as the influence of accessibility on the spatial distribution of activities in an urban system. The appraisal, behavior and calibration aspects are described of some shopping models. The hierachical aggregation procedures for interaction data are reviewed, and the question of scale in aggregation problems is discussed. Details are given of a regional location model using measurement of the valuations of households, and the use is described of models in structure planning. Experience in urban modelling for subregional planning are detailed, and hierachical model for urban and regional planning is outlined.
- Presented at Seminar K of the PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, Warwick University, England, 8-12 July 1974.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 441 p.
- TRT Terms: Cluster analysis; Economics; Land use; Mathematical models; Ratios; Regional planning; Regional transportation; Residential areas; Shopping facilities; Simulation; Transportation planning; Urban growth; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interaction; Models; Space
- Old TRIS Terms: Scale (Ratio)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00096312
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTRC/P/98
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1975 12:00AM