TRANSPORTATION PLANNING PRACTICE
Ten papers were presented on five major topics at the seminar on transportation planning practice. One paper was presented on the topic of management of medium term transportation studies. Three papers on the topic of preparation of alternative medium term plans, covered the following areas: the formulation of such plans; the development of transport alternatives; and alternative strategies for the specific case of Nottingham, Gt. Britain. The papers which reviewed medium term plan evaluation process include: Option Design and Evaluation in Transportation Studies; Equity and Incidence in Transport Evaluation, and Urban Transportation Planning Decision Making. In the area of programming and implementation factors, a paper described the modernization of the Glasgow underground. Papers which made an assessment of the future role and nature of transportation planning include the following: Appraising Urban Transportation Policy; and Practical Transport Planning.
- Presented at Seminar P of the PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, Warwick University, England, 8-12 July 1974.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Computer programming; Decision making; Design; Evaluation; Innovation; Research; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programming
- Old TRIS Terms: Future concepts; Substitutes; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00096309
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTRC/P/102
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1981 12:00AM