ROAD ACCIDENT REDUCTION
Nine papers presented at the Seminar are published here. These include the following: Valuation of Life in the Context of Road Safety; The Application of Research in the Planning and Evaluation of Road Safety Publicity; Accidents - Their Costs and Relation of Surface Characteristics; Road Surface Reflectivity and Night-Time Visibility; Safety and Performance Aspects of Tire Design and their Influence on Road Safety; The Crash Phase of Vehicle Safety; Towards a Method of Developing Driver Skill; Aids to Police in Traffic Law Enforcement; and The Deployment of Police Traffic Resources. Also included are TRRL leaflets on On-The-Spot Accident Investigation, Road/Environmental Factors in Accidents, and Vehicle Defects and their Contribution to Road Accidents.
- Presented at Seminar R of the PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, Warwick University, England, 8-12 July 1974.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Advertising; Costs; Crash investigation; Defects; Driver improvement programs; Environmental impacts; Glass beads; Highway safety; Night vision; Police; Prevention; Research; Safety; Surface course (Pavements); Tires; Traffic crashes; Traffic law enforcement; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver improvement
- Old TRIS Terms: Reflective beads
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00096308
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTRC/P/104
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1975 12:00AM