PLANNING FOR LEISURE
The nine papers presented here examine the recreation, planning, private investment and sociological aspects of leisure. A paper which describes recreation and structure planning in the West Midlands (England), sets forth the objectives, research methods, policies and implications of such planning. A discussion of the factors affecting recreation trip decisions, indicates the need for theory and prediction, describes a theory of recreation trip decisions, and outlines a survey of recreation day-trip in Lewes, England. The satisfaction of involvement and human needs in recreation is examined in one paper, and consumer demand for recreation and project appraisal is considered in another. The different aspects of public and private investment in non-urban recreation are examined, and the many decisions which the private sector must make before launching upon a multiuse center are discussed. Questions are asked and answered relating to community conflict with leisure complexes, and some problems are considered of administration and policy in recreation provision. An assessment is made of the sociological perspective of leisure.
- Presented at Seminar D of the PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, Warwick University, England, 8-12 July 1974.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- James, PCR
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Consumers; Decision making; Demand; Evaluation; Forecasting; Leisure time; Planning; Policy; Private enterprise; Recreation; Research; Social factors; Social values; Theory; Travel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Trip
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00096307
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTRC/P/92
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1975 12:00AM