WORLD WEATHER WATCH: THE PLAN AND IMPLEMENTATION PROGRAMME (1976-1979)
The World Weather Watch makes available basic meteorological and related environmental information required for efficient and effective meteorological service. This publication reflects the many scientific and technological developments currently taking place in meteorology, including the increasing role of geostationary and near-polar orbiting satellites. Contents include: Part I, The Plan: Global Observing System, Global Data- Processing System, Global Telecommunication System; plans of geostationary meteorological satellites, world meteorological centers, and regional telecommunication hubs. Part II, The Implementation Programme: monitoring the operation of the WWW, WMO Voluntary Assistance Programme, rule for utilizing the Voluntary Assistance Programme.
United NationsUnited Nations Plaza
New York, NY USA 10017
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Meteorology; Reports; Weather forecasting; Weather stations
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological reports; Weather reporting
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00131208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United Nations
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM