ESTABLISHING THE FAILURE PATTERN BASE THROUGH SIGNATURE ANALYSIS
Examples of various sensing technqiues which may be useful in signature analysis are presented. A discussion is included of some of primary failure modes of non-electronic components and how these might be monitored to determine the condition of a mechanical system. Designer of mechanical systems must be aware of what likely failure modes may be. Knowledge of how precursors of these failure modes might be detected is also necessary. Increased emphasis on reliability and maintainability requirements of todays mechanical systems is forcing all designers to become increasingly aware of the variety of scientific disciplines available to assist them in their tasks.
- For meeting May 11-14, 1970.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Tobin, H T
- Publication Date: 1970-5
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Mechanical failure; Reliability
- Uncontrolled Terms: Signature analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Machinery failure modes
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00005913
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 70-DE-34 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1973 12:00AM