PROCEEDINGS OF THE CONFERENCE ON NUCLEAR MARINE PROPULSION
The Conference on Nuclear Marine Propulsion was conducted to bring together at a single technical conference scientists, engineers, educators, and ship operators--a diverse and scattered group which in general has only one common interest: economical and safe utilization of atomic energy for the propulsion of merchant ships. The four day meeting was unclassified, and was international in its scope through the participation of the Japan Nuclear Ship Development Agency and the Gesellschaft fur Kemenergieverwertung. Twelve papers on marine nuclear reactors were presented and discussed.
- Conference held at Virginia Polytechnic Insitutute, Blacksburg, Virginia, August 10-13, 1964.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, BlacksburgVirginia Tech Transportation Institute
3500 Transportation Research Plaza
Blacksburg, VA United States 24061
- Publication Date: 1964-8-10
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026785
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: AT(40-1)-3239
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 1 1973 12:00AM