PROPELLER-INDUCED PRESSURES ON A RUDDER-LIKE SURFACE
Total propeller-induced fluctuating pressures were measured on a rudder-like surface, at zero deg rudder angle, located downstream and in the slip-stream of the propeller. The amplitude and phase of the blade-frequency portions of the measured induced pressures were determined for operation in uniform flow. The effects of propeller-rudder clearance, propeller-loading blade skew, and blade warp on the blade frequency pressure were determined.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD United States 20084
- Nelka, J J
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric pressure; Oscillation; Propellers; Rudders; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Pressure fluctuations; Propeller induced vibration; Propeller rudder interaction; Rudder oscillation
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131095
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-485-05 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM