ENERGY R AND D: PRESENT AND FUTURE
In June, 1974, a conference on energy research and development was held in Washington, D.C., to provide an overview of all that was being done or planned in the energy field. Participants in the conference included top decision-makers in the Federal Government, spokesmen for key industries, members of academia, representatives of non-profit research organizations, and the editors of leading trade magazines. This publication contains the proceedings of that conference and includes the following papers: "Keynote Address: Energy R&E--A Time for Action", The Honorable Melvin Price; "Government-Industry Roles in Energy R&D", John C. Sawhill; "U. S. Energy R&D: Policy and Priorities", Dr. Alvin M. Weinberg; "Overview of Interior's Energy R&D Program", Dr. S. William Gouse, Jr.;"Office of Coal Research Coal Utilization R&D Program", Dr. G. Alex Mills; "Bureau of Mines Energy R&D Program", J. Wade Watkins; "Coal Mining R&D Activities of the Bureau of Mines", Dr. Joseph J. Yancik; "An Overview of the AEC'S Energy Activities", Robert D. Thorne; "Nuclear Reactor R&D, Present and Future", Edwin E. Kintner; "Coal Industries Activities in R&D", Joseph W. Mullan; "Gas Industry Research and Development", Douglas T. King; "Electric Power Research Institutes' RPD Programs", Dr. Richard Balzhiser; "Energy R&D--An Oil Man's Viewpoint", Leo A. McReynolds; "The Atomic Energy Commission's General Energy R&D Program", James S. Kane; "National Science Foundation--Research Applied to National Needs Energy Program", William H. Wetmore; "Future Energy R&D Program of EPA", Kurt E. Yeager; "Energy Problems and Defense", RADM Nathan Sonenshein, USN.
- Proceedings of 1st Annual Energy R and D Conference, 20-21 June 1974, Washington, D.C.
GOVERNMENT INSTITUTESROCKVILLE, MD United States
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 253 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal mining; Conferences; Crude oil; Development; Electric power; Energy; Federal government; Industries; Nuclear energy; Policy; Research; Strategic planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programs; Research and development
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Policy; Research;
- Accession Number: 00096216
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM