A CENSUS OF MARINE TRAFFIC IN A SELECTED SECTOR OF THE LOWER MISSISSIPPI RIVER DERIVED FROM SIDE-LOOKING AIRBORNE RADAR DATA
A side-looking airborne radar was used to map selected portions of the Lower Mississippi River System extending from Baton Rouge, LA, to the Passes, during the period 16 through 19 August 1975 for the purpose of sampling the number of vessels underway at any one time as functions of the time of day and of the sector of the area. An average of 218 vessels were observed in this area during this period.
- See also report dated July 74, AD-786 649.
United States Coast GuardResearch and Development Center, 1082 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT United States 06340-6096
- McIntosh, J A
- Farmer, L D
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Harbor traffic control; Inland waterways traffic; Seas; Ships; Side looking radar; Tracking systems; Traffic control; Vessel traffic control
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship tracking
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131092
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CGR/DC-25/75 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM