DEVELOPMENT OF ICEBREAKERS AND ICEBREAKING METHODS; LIBRARY SEARCH OF RUSSIAN AND EUROPEAN LITERATURE
A library search was made for literature in the field of icebreakers and icebreaking. The purpose of this search was to collect, review, and report on the Russian and German literature published within the last five years pertinent to the main subject. Special attention was given to ice resistance to ship passage, new icebreaking methods, design of propulsion systems for icecutters, determination of optimum operation periods for icebreaker escorts, and research and development reviews and surveys. This report describes the main features of the work, its scope, sources, and results. References are listed in numerical order within five subject categories.
- See also report dated April 68, AD-670 631.
Duke UniversityDepartment of Civil Engineering
Durham, NC United States 27706
- Dvorak, G J
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 166 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Icebreakers; Icebreaking; Resistance (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice resistance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131090
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-170-75
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-32255-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM