IDENTIFICATION AND POTENTIAL BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF THE MAJOR COMPONENTS IN THE SEAWATER EXTRACT OF A BUNKER FUEL
Efforts are reported on the composition of the seawater extract of a bunker fuel similar to that spilled into San Francisco Bay in 1971, and comments are made on previous methodology for obtaining the seawater-soluble fraction of bunker fuels as well as the possible significance of the dissolved oil to a local crab species.
- Also available in Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, V14 N4, pp 395-400, 1975.
University of California, BerkeleyNaval Biomedical Research Laboratory
Berkeley, CA USA
- Guard, H E
- Hunter, L
- DiSalvo, L H
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental impacts; Identification systems; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Spectroscopic analysis; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Biological effects (Oil); Oil spill identification
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00131089
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: N00014-69-A0200-1001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM