This invention is a means for locating (search and rescue), and enabling surveilance of, articles, and the identification of reference points, particularly on water and at night, in which a laser is used to illuminate available fluorescent chemicals such as those used for current daylight search and rescue missions.
- Patent filed 21 May 73. Government-owned invention available for licensing.
Department of the NavyConstitution Avenue and 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA
- Hughes, R S
- Publication Date: 1974-10-1
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Detection and identification; Fluorometers; Lasers; Search and rescue operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Fluorometric detection; Search techniques
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00131087
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AD-D001 490/2, PAT-APPL-361 930
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM