CONCRETE STRENGTH IN PRECAST ELEMENTS
In conformity with the new Swedish draft standards for precast concrete elements, it is intended that the heat after-treatment of the elements may be carried out by using two alternative methods, viz., either an arbitrarily chosen method or a standard method. If use is made of an arbitrarily chosen method of after-treatment involving heat supply, then it is intended to specify requirements for those strength tests on the concrete in precast elements which shall be made at the beginning of a new period of manufacture, in the run-in stage. The purpose of the present investigation is to contribute to the estimation of appropriate levels serving to determine those requirements for the strength of the concrete in precast elements which are intended to be specified in such a way as to ensure that the strength of the concrete in the steam-cured elements shall be equal to that in the common moist-cured elements which are manufactured at the present time. The tests described in this publication were carried out in the main on precast elements which are characterised by high values of the specified nominal cube strength, because a relatively high reduction in strength was to be expected, and because the strength of the elements manufactured in current production is comprised within a range corresponding to this strength level.
Cement och BetonginstitutDrottning Kristinas Vaeg 26
Stockholm 70, Sweden
- Petersons, N
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 47 p.
- Issue Number: 9
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete curing; Heat; Precast concrete; Prefabricated structures; Strength of materials; Test procedures
- ITRD Terms: 4755: Concrete; 4702: Curing (concrete); 6743: Heat; 4792: Precast concrete; 3638: Prefabrication; 5544: Strength (mater); 6288: Test method
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Planning and Forecasting; I32: Concrete; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00096202
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Swedish National Road and Traffic Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM