After having defined some concepts relating to sand cement roadbases the author introduces his subject with a historical review, a description of the present use of sand cement or soil cement in various countries, an explanation of the aim of stabilization and a discussion of the various types and the execution of roadbase stabilization. In the subsequent chapters the properties of sand cement, materials, laboratory tests, construction, quality control and applications are discussed. Some rules for practical use concerning compressive strength and calculation examples are given. /TRRL/
Stichting Studie Centrum WegnebouwJansbuitensingel 14A
- GREVELT, ERE
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Admixtures; Base course (Pavements); Cement; Compression; Compressive strength; Concrete mixing water; Construction management; Definitions; Laboratory tests; Materials; Paving; Properties of materials; Quality control; Sand; Soil cement; Soil cement pavements; Soil stabilization; Stabilized materials; State of the art reports; State of the art studies; Strength of materials; Surveillance; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality; Use
- ITRD Terms: 4736: Admixture; 4758: Cement; 5532: Compression; 3666: Construction method; 4555: Material (constr); 4715: Mixing water (concrete); 9063: Quality; 3688: Roadbase stabilization; 4105: Sand; 3689: Soil stabilization; 8588: State of the art report; 5544: Strength (mater); 6255: Test; 9084: Use; 8584: Web site
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I33: Other Materials used in Pavement Layers; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00096163
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM