TRACKED LEVITATED RESEARCH VEHICLE. FINAL TECHNICAL REPORT: AEROPROPELLED
The results of the 1973 aeropropelled tests of the Tracked Levitated Research Vehicle (TLRV) at the Transportation Test Center (TTC) are presented for the three basic suspension modes (Primary, Body/Chassis and Independent Cushion) at speeds up to 90 mph attained in the 3 mile guideway, which includes straight, transition to curve and superelevated segments. General vehicle and suspension characteristics are reviewed, and the system performance with respect to the air supply system, acoustics, vehicle speed and braking, cushion lift and ride comfort is discussed. Vehicle dynamic responses to perturbations installed in the guideway are compared with the results computed by the TLRV Dynamics Simulation Program.
Grumman Aerospace Corp.Bethpage, NY United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Magnani, E
- Zapotowski, B
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 139 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Mathematical models; Roughness; Suspensions; Test vehicles; Tracked air cushion vehicles; Vehicle dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Guideway roughness
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00131038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D 76-132 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-30041
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM