THE CNSG 3; CONCEPTUAL MERCHANT SHIP NUCLEAR REACTOR DESIGN. REVISION 1
The design for a conceptual merchant ship nuclear reactor, the Consolidated Nuclear Steam Generator 3 (CNSG 3) is presented. The CNSG 3 is an improved pressurized water reactor that is more economical than conventional power plants for high shaft horsepower and high load factor applications. The entire primary system is contained in one pressure vessel, resulting in a compact and light system. The refueling cycle is completed in less than 3 weeks. Consideration is given to economics, safety analysis, operational procedures, design, future potential of water-cooled marine reactors, technical support services, and design history. An appendix gives plant information sheets.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1289-Rev-1.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Publication Date: 1964-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economics; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026775
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1289, Rev.1
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-3206
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 15 1974 12:00AM