NHTSA REGIONAL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
The study addresses the constant problem being faced by decision makers at the regional level when attempting to sort through the maze of available data to find the information desired. Initial steps in the study included discussions with state and regional decision makers in NHTSA Region VIII to determine types of information needed and an inventory of data sources to determine what was available. It was found that virtually all information required was already potentially available from existing data sources. The study presents an approach of streamlining information flow between offices on a functional basis rather than along the more traditional organizational lines. Included in the system is a feature of feedback reports to show what uses were made of the information. The system approach is designed to be dynamic in nature to add or eliminate exchange of information consistent with management needs.
Safety Management Institute1660 L Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1945-2
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Information systems; Management information systems; Regional planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00096143
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-801 408 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-021-3-563
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM