CORE 1 FUEL ISOTOPE CURVES FOR SEMI-ANNUAL ACCOUNTABILITY REPORTS
This report presents the estimated fuel concentration changes of total uranium, uranium-235 and total plutonium in the 32 partially expanded fuel elements through a series of graphs which give the concentration of these fuel materials as a function of core burnup. This manner of presentation simplifies the calculations and provides an estimate of these concentrations on a gram basis. An estimate of the daily, weekly, or cruise amount of U-235 burned, net plutonium produced or total uranium burned may also be determined through the use of these curves.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-43.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX USA
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA USA
- Paulson, A E
- Publication Date: 1964-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel consumption; Fuel elements; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor fuel elements
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026772
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: STS-43
- Contract Numbers: MA-3377
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM