NS SAVANNAH 1500 AND 2500 EFPH PHYSICS TESTS
The nuclear characteristics of the N.S. Savannah's Core 1, presented herein, were measured at intervals of 1399 and 3078 EFPH of core operation. These measurements fulfill the safeguard requirement of scheduled physics test periods at 1500 and 2500 EfPH. No adverse trend or anomalous reactivity effect has developed since Core 1 was installed in December 1961.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-61.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX USA
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA USA
- Paulson, A E
- Publication Date: 1964-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: STS-61
- Contract Numbers: MA-3377
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM