INTERNATIONAL IRON AND STEEL INSTITUTE, 8TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE, REPORT OF PROCEEDINGS, 1974
Proceedings contain 12 papers all of which focus in one way or another on the major problem occupying the minds and efforts of steelmakers--energy. Trends in iron- and steelmaking technology are considered in the light of the supply situation of various fuels, and plans for steelmaking capacity in various developing countries are examined. Finally, the contributions that the steel industry is making toward the solution of energy problems are explored: supply of the right types and qualities of steel urgently needed for the development of new energy sources-- offshore oil and gas exploration, and transportation of fuel and raw materials by pipeline and ship.
- Published in 2 Volumes. See also RRIS 20 130915. Presented at the IISI 8th Annual Conference, Panel Discussions and Speeches, Munich, W. Germany, October 13-16, 1974.
International Iron and Steel InstitutePlace du Champ de Mars 5
Brussels B-1050, Belgium
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 380 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Energy consumption; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Pipelines; Steel plants; Traffic forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy requirements
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Pipelines; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00130916
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM