DYNAMICS OF A POWER COLLECTOR WITH FRICTION DAMPERS
Using the friction damper, the construction of power collector for a very high-speed railway is considerably simplified. In this paper, the power collector with friction dampers is considered, and its dynamic characteristics are analyzed by the equivalent linearization technique. The main purpose of this paper is to investigate the effects of Coulomb friction forces on the mean squared value of contact force variation between a contactor and a rigid collecting rail with a randomly wavy surface. A numerical example is presented, and the optimal values of Coulomb friction forces which minimize the probability that the contact force becomes negative are found as a result.
- Presented at a meeting held Sept. 17-19. 1975.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Yoshida, K
- Shimogo, T
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Physics); Electric power generation and transmission; High speed rail; Third rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power collection
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130904
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #75-DET-30
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM