MANUAL FOR THE USE AND HANDLING OF EXPLOSIVES (ROADWORKS) (METRIC UNITS)
In an effort to provide a guide for officers concerned with supervision of blasting work and others engaged in this work, the essential requirements are covered which would ensure safety and economy in the handling and use of explosives on roadworks. The types of explosives and related equipment are described with particular attention to the use of ammonium nitrate/carbonaceous explosives. The planning of a blasting operation is described. The selection of drilling equipment, and instructions for the use of explosives in special applications are also included. All aspects of the transport of explosives are discussed as well as the storage requirements, licences, siting, lighting, precautions, and issue of supplies. The deterioration and disposal of explosives is reviewed as well as the various management aspects such as engineering supervision, record keeping etc. Details of loading, firing, misfires, safety, and specifications of magazines for storage are covered.
National Association of Australian State Road AuthP.O. Box J141
Brickfield Hill, New South Wales 2000, Australia
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 177 p.
- TRT Terms: Drilling machines; Economics; Equipment; Explosives; Handling and storage; Hazardous materials; Licenses; Manuals; Materials management; Nitrates; Presplitting (Blasting); Road construction; Safety; Storage facilities; Supervision; Transportation; Waste disposal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ammonium nitrate; Disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: Drilling equipment
- ITRD Terms: 5188: Blasting; 6464: Calculation; 3871: Drilling; 3674: Equipment; 1054: Network (traffic); 1665: Safety; 9137: Storage; 8526: Textbook
- Subject Areas: Economics; Geotechnology; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00096066
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM