NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN PISTON RINGS FOR THE MODERN DIESEL ENGINE
This paper presents unpublished data on new coating developments, new piston ring designs, and design consideration for the modern diesel engine. Data on the current state of the art of compression ring coatings along with technical data on new generation coatings are included as well as data on ring designs and/or design considerations which may be used to improve engine performance and life with respect to blow-by and oil control.
- Prepared for a meeting, September 8-11, 1975.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- McCormick, H E
- Anderson, R D
- Mayhew, D J
- Rychlewski, W J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Metal coatings; Pistons (Engines); Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130891
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N 750769 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM