NS SAVANNAH OPERATIONS, QUARTERLY REPORT, AUGUST 1-NOVEMBER 1, 1964
The quarterly operations report describes the operations, upgrading, and tests of the nuclear propulsion system of the N.S. Savannah from August 1, 1964 through November 1, 1964, during which time the second and third European voyages were made. The reports includes data on chronology, power plant operation and maintenance, training, health physics, tests, maintenance assistance, and STS engineering and facilities activities. Appendices are provided on scram and port visitation reports, summary of passengers and cargo carried, and heavy weather experience.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-57.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX United States
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1964
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Health physics; Nuclear powered ships; Ship operations; Training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00026748
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: STS-57 Quart Rpt
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM