CABTRACK STUDIES. TRAVEL PATTERNS AND COSTS FOR CABTRACK NETWORKS IN A SIMPLE MODEL SCENARIO
The estimated capital and operating costs of the fundamental Cabtrack network subsystems--cabs running on plain track, intersections, cabstops--are derived as a function of the traffic flows in these subsystems. The overall operating costs of a number of regular rectangular layouts of Cabtrack networks are then derived for the special case of an infinite network operating in a hypothetical scenario with a uniform travel density over its entire area. A method of optimising the mesh spacing is described, and examples given of the effect on costs of varying some of the trip-making parameters.
Royal Aircraft EstablishmentFarnborough, England
- LANGDON, M G
- Capey, E C
- Catherall, D
- Publication Date: 1971-7
- Pagination: 129 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Mathematical models; Operating costs; Optimization; Traffic flow; Travel patterns; Variables
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Cabtrack
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Society;
- Accession Number: 00096044
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RAE-TR-71138 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM