DETECTION DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS--PROCEEDINGS OF 22ND MEETING OF THE MECHANICAL FAILURES PREVENTION GROUP
These Proceedings consist of a group of nineteen submitted papers and discussions from the 22nd meeting of the Mechanical Failures Prevention Group which was held at the Grand Hotel in Anaheim, California on April 23-25, 1975. Failure detection, diagnosis, and prognosis represent the central theme of the Proceedings. Technology and techniques, ongoing diagnostic programs, and coming requirements in the field of DD&P are discussed. In addition, several case histories are presented. These include Oil Analysis in Perspective by R.S. Miller; An Overview of Current Efforts to Detect and Prevent Steel Wheel Failures by G.L. Leadly; Diagnostics for Refrigerator Car Diesel Generating Sets by R.F. McKee; and Using Acoustic Emission Technology to Predict Structural Failure by H.L. Dunegan.
- Proceedings of the 22nd Meeting of the Mechanical Failures Prevention Group, Anaheim, California 92802, April 23-25, 1975. Sponsorship was by the Office of Naval Research NASA, Frankfurt Arsenal U.S. Army, FAA and National Bureau of Standards.
National Bureau of Standards14th Between E Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20234
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 366 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Diagnostic tests; Diesel engines; Failure; Inspection; Spectrographic analysis; Structural analysis; Ultrasonic tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine diagnostics; Failure indexes; Wheel flaws
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00130843
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Commerce
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS SP-436
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM