SYMPOSIUM ON RAILROAD TRACK MECHANICS PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, 1975
This report contains a description of the Symposium on Railroad Track Mechanics which took place at Princeton University on April 21, 22 and 23, 1975. It contains the program as well as extensive summaries of each technical paper. The papers: Development of Analytical Models for Railroad Track Dynamics; The Mechanics of Rail Fasteners for Concrete-Slab Tracks; Experimental Determination of the Axial and Lateral Track Ballast Resistance; Railroad Track Structure for High Speed Lines; Lateral Buckling of Tracks Due to Constrained Thermal Expansion; A Contribution to Ballast Mechanics; Review of Rail-Wheel Contact Stress Problems; Excitations and Behavior of Railroad Track During Train Passage at Very High Speeds; Selection and Performance of Railroad Ballast; Deformation of Railway Ballast Under Repeated Loading Conditions; Requirements for the Reliability Assessemnt of Railroad Rail in Service; The Current Status of Measurement and Evaluation Technique for Structure-Borne Sound Measurement of Track; Development of the Prestressed Concrete Tie in the USA.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/12903475
- Sponsorship was from the Federal Railroad Administration, DOT. See RRIS Nos. 01 130827 through 01 130839 and 10 130838, Publication 7602. Also found in "Railroad Track Mechanics & Technology," copyright 1978.
Princeton UniversityDepartment of Civil Engineering
Princeton, NJ United States 08450
- Kerr, A D
- Symposium on Railroad Track Mechanics
- Location: New Jersey
- Date: 1975-4-21 to 1975-4-23
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Buckling; Car wheels (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete ties; Defects; Force; High speed track; Inspection; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Structural design; Train track dynamics; Ultrasonic tests; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Track design
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00130826
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76-TR-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-54175
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM